South Africa: Leadership Training/Empowerment ZA130618
Trip dates: June 18-July 2, 2013
Trip code: ZA130618
Trip Status: Open
Cost: $2900 (includes airfare, lodging, meals, ground transportation in Africa, and overnight safari and cultural experience at Apartheid museum)
- Application/Deposit Deadline: March 18, 2013
- Safe Gatherings Training (Required): Register and complete training online.
- Trip Training (Required): April 20th, 11am-4:30pm, Room 221/218 East Building Leawood Campus
- Commissioning date: April 20th, 4:30pm, Firestone Chapel
- Team Debrief: TBA
Church of the Resurrection has been in relationship with local, African church leaders for more than ten years. We began sending mission teams to Africa in 1998, serving through two distinct partnerships associated with the Methodist Church of Southern Africa (MCSA). Resurrection continues to partner with the Missions Unit of the MCSA to work with children, youth and adult programs including educational conferences and leadership events, as well as specific initiatives focused on economic empowerment and church development through loan programs.
Please consider joining the June 2013 team if you are interested in supporting the development of leaders in South Africa. We need people to volunteer in multiple areas including organizers, facilitators, speakers and support staff. The aim of this training is to enhance leadership skills of ministers and lay leaders in local churches utilizing Resurrection's Leading Beyond The Walls training combined with the following contextual and experiential trainings:
- Training in Biblical and African contextual leadership models
- Training in mission readiness
- Training in holistic stewardship and responsible leadership
This mission team will have the opportunity to experience the beautiful Free State region of South Africa, with the trainings being held in the communities of Welkom and Bloemfontein. To expand your experience cultural days are included in the trip where the team will experience an animal preserve as well as local sites in the Free State Region.
<- Back to: Missions + Service