Pray for Others
Pray for people with ongoing medical concerns. Or, join one of our ongoing prayer teams and receive prayer requests each week via email.
Please also pray for our church family members who are serving in the military at home and away, and for the first responders in our community who give their time and their lives for the good of all. Out of concern for their safety, we no longer publish the names of those who serve, but we know God sees each one and hears our prayers for their safety and blessing.
Prayer Before Surgery
Pastors are available to pray with you and your family before surgery, or during hospitalization. Please contact the Congregational Care office at 913-544-0238 or by emailing our prayer team with the date, time and hospital where you will be having your surgery. Due to HIPPA regulations, the hospital will not call and inform the church of your hospitalization.
Places to Pray on the Leawood Campus
The Firestone Prayer Chapel, located in Building B, is open daily for quiet prayer from 7 am - 10 pm. Prayer, communion and anointing are available in this chapel following each weekend worship service.
The Memorial Garden, located in Building C, is a beautiful, serene outdoor area with a waterfall for quiet prayer and remembering loved ones.
The Prayer Wall, located outdoors just east of Wesley Covenant Chapel, is a wonderful place for prayer and reflection, modeled after the Western Wall in Jerusalem where written prayers are placed in crevices between the rocks.
Fall 2016 Prayer Classes, Walks, and Retreats:
- Thursdays, September 1-8, 6:30 pm, Room C041 - New Ways to Pray When You Feel Stuck
- Thursdays, October 6-27, 6:30 pm, Room B221 - Art Reflection
- October 13, 6:30 pm, Room B203 - Praying Out Loud
- October 22, Camp Timberlake, 9 am - 1 pm - Fall Prayer Retreat
- November 10, 6:30 pm, Wesley Covenant Chapel - Prayer for Beginners
- December 8, 6:30 pm, Wesley Covenant Chapel - Advent Prayer & Worship Service