Bless the School: Paint & Restore
Hundreds of volunteers make a difference in Resurrection’s Education and Life Skills ministry through Bless the School. For 2013, we are proud to serve as a partner in education to bless Troost Elementary, a PK-6 school in the Kansas City, MO Public Schools system with the mission of leading all students to become academically competitive, socially competent self driven learners. Resurrection volunteers will provide much needed care and maintenance to the school building and grounds to promote a positive learning environment for the children, families, and staff of Troost Elementary.
Where: Troost Elementary
1215 E 59th Street, Kansas City, MO
When: Monday, June 17th - Thursday June 20th
3 Shifts: 9am-Noon, 1pm-4pm, and 5:30pm-8:30pm
Friday June 21st and Saturday June 22nd
2 shifts: 9am-Noon and 1pm-4pm
• Volunteer on-site, no special skills required. Both indoor and outdoor projects are available for ages 12 and up at all skills levels. *Ages 12-15 must volunteer with a parent. Please review the youth volunteer policy for more details.
• Release forms are required for all on-site volunteer participants and can be turned in at Bless the School tables in the Narthex June 1st, 2nd, 8th or 9th, or can be scanned and emailed to Ann Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org . Forms are attached to the registration or you can download here youth form and adult form. Forms must be turned in one week prior to your scheduled shift.
• If you are unable to serve on-site, consider providing food and/or helping serve lunch, contact Ann Carter by email.
2013 projects will include:
- Organizing closets
- Building shelves
- Installing bulletin boards
- Installing blinds
- Framing and drywall in small areas
- Laying carpet squares
- Installing mats in the gym
- Grounds maintenance
- Troost playground installation will take place later in the summer- please check back for more details.
For additional Bless the School information, contact email@example.com or 913-707-7209. Learn more about ongoing opportunities to participate in Education & Life Skills ministry at cor.org/education