Resurrection's Hunger Ministry
The purpose of the Resurrection Hunger Ministry is to build a Christian community where non-religious and nominally religious people become deeply committed Christians by feeding the hungry in our community and transforming lives of donors, helpers, and recipients toward a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Hunger Ministry delivers approximately 70 tons of food each year, through donations from within the church and special food drives held in the community. Donations are delivered to local pantries and urban ministries to help feed the 150,000 people in the Kansas City area who are hungry or food insecure.
Because the ministry is operated by church members who give their time, food can be delivered at no cost to area pantries who otherwise might not be able to keep their shelves stocked.
There are opportunities for small groups, families and individuals to get involved by:
- Sack Hunger Food Drive 9/22-10/7
- Participating in the annual SouperBowl Food Drive (1/28-2/12)
- Fighting hunger year-round as a Hunger Stopper
- Picking-up, sorting, or delivery for the Bread Ministry
- Delivering food to local pantries
- Preparing Sack Lunches
- Sorting and boxing food items
- Participating in the annual SouperBowl Food Drive
- Serving Urban Meals
- Donating food
- Collecting food in the community
You can make a difference to those who are hungry in Kansas City!
See the current opportunities the right and click the links for details or contact us (see "Key Information" at the top-right of the page).