Education & Life Skills Ministry
The purpose of Resurrection’s Education & Life Skills mission ministry is to build a Christian community where non-religious and nominally religious people are becoming deeply committed Christians through building relationships, sharing knowledge and serving children and families in need. The ministry shows Christ’s love by providing hope and encouragement to those most vulnerable by utilizing opportunities in education to break the cycle of poverty in Kansas City.
We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift…is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously. Romans 12: 6-8
Share your unique gifts by empowering people in Kansas City to stop the cycle of poverty and helping those in need to become self-sufficient.
- Serve in Resurrection partner schools as a tutor or classroom buddy
- Become a liaison to one of our partner schools
- Tutor for Summer Reading Program at St. James UMC, Centennial UMC, and Paseo Baptist
- Read with children after school
- Adopt an Urban Classroom
- Mentor and tutor at urban ministries
- Give school supplies and uniforms
There are opportunities for everyone - families, small groups, adults and youth 12 and older. Be a part of giving a hand up to these deserving children and adults!
- Wendell-Phillips - KCMO
- Troost - KCMO
- Wheatley Elementary - KCMO
- Welborn - KCK
- Quindaro Elementary - KCK
- Ridgeview Elementary - Olathe, KS
- Upper Room - Reading Program
- Grace United Ministries
See the current opportunities listed to the right and click the links for details.
Questions? Contact us at EducationLifeSkills@cor.org or call Linda Kozacek at 913-400-3595.